Se vuoi seguire il mio viaggio su Facebook...clicca Like

giovedì 23 dicembre 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

This is my Christmas blog :-)

I know I have still to update you about Sidney and New Zealand but this is a very busy period of the year...Christmas dinners, shopping... very busy here ;-)

Through a collectection of pictures along my travel I want to send you my Christmas wishes.
In some places you don't really feel Christmas at all and you find only very limited signs that remind you of what period of the year you're in... but still beautiful...

Dubai

Hong Kong
... and it seems that many times Santa is more important then Christmas and in places like Thailand, Santa seems to be the only connection in people's mind with this holiday that is so important for us. But, on the other hand, what do we know about their culture and uses?
 
Santa in Hong Kong

Santa in Auckland: he was moving his finger last year. Not now.
 A lot of people think mostly about Christmas shopping...
Orchards road, Singapore: the main shopping area

Singapore - a special wish for all my friends that love shopping
Nothing bad about it if we manage to keep the priorities right and we don't forget what is really important.
Anyway, we have the freedom to think and do whatever we want for Christmas but it is definitely a beautiful time of the year. With music on every corner....

Auckland - Christmas jazz
...and Christmas trees and decorations that make us (at least me) more cheerful and happy...


Singapore

Singapore

Sidney
Sidney
Different places, different cultures, different uses but at the end I wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas, to spend with your beloved, and an amazing 2011 that seems to be a very important year of changes for many of the people I met in this period. I wish your dreams come true, but...be careful what you wish for :-)

A special wish from Orlando and me, with our kiwi paper crowns (you get them in the New Zealand cracker - a local use for Christmas: two people pull to break a paper box shaped like a candy and the one that get the longest end gets the present). Merry Christmas!!!!


 And Happy New Year! Cheers to all!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento