Se vuoi seguire il mio viaggio su Facebook...clicca Like

sabato 27 novembre 2010

BANGKOK

Where to start..... The first impression of Bangkok is of a neverending and chaotic city, in which you have to be always careful. When you get used to it is much better and there are no problems at all but you have to know how it works here first. Just an example: the taxi from the airport to the apartment where I stayed, bye meter costed me 320 Baht (he was asking for 400 in the beginning but you have always to go by meter) and the return only 170! When they see that you have just arrived they do their best to take as much money as they can from you as it is the best moment since you're still confused and overwhelmed by everything that is happening around you. I couchsurfed a girl and stayed in an apartment in Latprao (thank you Nt Wong - it was really nice meeting you!) and the first day I tried public transpostation, as she advised. I spent almost 90 minutes in a bus to reach the Grand Palace. To be honest, I lost the first one as I didn't expect that I have to jump in. But then I learned and have jumped in an out busses and boats since then :-). The traffic is completely crazy here wherever you go and it takes you ages with whotever to go wherever. I tried all kinds of transportation systems here.
Going around in a tuk tuk...

One day, to go home I took the taxi to the skytrain, the skytrain until the last station, the bus for about 45 minutes and then the motorcycle (you pay 12Baht and they take everywhere in the neighbouhood). All together about 2 hours. The next day I took the boat and then a taxi and it was definitely much better but still about 90 minutes to go where I had to.
I had to go to try my pure silk tailored dress that I have had done in what National geographic considers the best tailor's shop in the World, James Fashion, and I have to say that I can only confirm. They have done an incredble dress and I had the best consultant in the World to advise me and go through all the steps of the making to have the perfect result. Now someone has to invite me out (in warm weather) so I can wear it :-)
Tailand is famous for silk and has the best tailors in the World. You can find tailor's shops in every corner and they can do whatever you want in incredible short time (even in the same day). A lot of people use the occasion to have suits done. And they are famous for precious stones and food (Thai food is considered to be one of the best cusines in the World!) - until now I had nothing spicey and everything was really good. I recommend the Pat Thai, in the street was even better then in some resaturants (they make it fresh in front of you) and the Banana pankace (thay use bananas a lot and you can buy them cooked everywhere). I didn't try the insects but if you fancy some.... Anyway, you find food everywhere here and it is impossible to starve. Sometimes it is too much as with the heat the smell can be not really nice. On every corner you can have a massage for 100-200Baht = 2,5-5€ (they killed me with only 30 minutes of Thai massage - I thanked God I didn't take the full hour!) or have your hair done for the same price. You can find anything you want in Bangkok, except for trash bins ;-)
Bangkok is full of electricity cables everywhere and that was one of the first things that I noticed with the chaotic traffic.

The most beautiful thing in Bangkok are the many many temples. The best thing to do is to take a walk around the Rattanakosin and go to see them one by one. It takes some time and it is very nice and relaxing.
Or you can have a private boat tour

But this immense beauty is only one part of Bangkok. The ordinary is very different....

1 commento:

  1. hello from Slovenia. :)

    It must be very exciting trip :) I hope and I know you enjoy a lot :)
    Keep in touch :)

    Have a nice trip and see you soon

    Adrijana :)

    RispondiElimina